I would like to thank Aysa of aysabaw and Jessica of Looking for Jessy for nominating me for this kind of award.
What is Mystery Blogger Award?
Mystery Blogger Award is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- I am a registered nurse in the Philippines and also in Qatar.
- I can play the intro of Fur Elise by Beethoven without knowing the notes (because I don’t know how to read notes but I love the sound of piano).
- I am a bookworm. I read the whole El Filibusterismo when I was in grade four and my favorite author was Jose Rizal back then.
- If you are to choose between Alien Invasion and Zombie Apocalypse, which one would you prefer and why? Alien Invasion. I think there are humane aliens. Lol.
- What animal best represents you and why? A dog because I can be a good friend to those who can accept and adore me for who I am.
- If you could live forever, how would you spend eternity? I would spend it loving God and loved ones.
- If you could only take three things with you on a deserted island, what would they be? Comforter, knife and extra clothes.
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be and how would you use it? A superpower to induce anyone to love others. I would use it to everyone to promote world peace, unity and equality.
- How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are? 25.
- If you had the chance to go back in time and change one thing, what would you change? I would have forbidden Eve to eat the fruit of good and evil.
- If your life was a movie, what would be the title? Life of Karen. Lol.
- If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich? I love this question. I will help the needy and feed the hungry.
- Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones? Lose all of old memories because I want to make more memories better than the old ones.
My Best Post or (I should say) My Favorite Post:
On the Mind of a Self-proclaimed Ugly
Though this post has only least number of views and comments, this blog entry took a year to finish. It had been on my draft for months, adding few sentences whenever I felt like writing. Thinking I was so ugly and undeserving of real love, I wrote all my misery and insecurity in that post. I finished it when I finally realized my true identity in the Lord. If you feel ugly, always bear in mind that you are beautiful in the eyes of God because He created you in His image. This post is the beginning of writing about Christ.
I would like to nominate the following bloggers.
The Hardy Kid
My Five Questions:
- What do you think is the purpose of your life?
- Who inspired or influenced you the most and why?
- What is the best movie or book that you ever watched or read?
- When is the happiest moment of your life?
- What motivates you to blog?
Have fun and God bless you.
“A glad heart makes a cheerful face, but by sorrow of heart the spirit is crushed.” -Proverbs 15:13 ESV
There are too many social networking sites nowadays that offer self expression for the whole world to witness. Of course we post only stuff that we want other people to see. We’re not dumb. We post filtered and edited jpg files with cool caption excerpted from holy Bible or famous quotes from famous people. We carefully choose pictures of us that we think we look utterly great. No blemishes and extremely fair complexion. Fantastic poses. Good lighting. Fabulous background. We want others to see us looking really adorable and attractive. And we post things we are interested in. Films we watched. Foods we ate. Places we visited. Quotes we can relate to. But we always think of who will see it and what they’re going to think about us. We don’t post indecent unfiltered thoughts that come to our mind sometimes because we have a good reputation on social media. Social media is an open window for anyone to see us depending on what we’re going to show to them. It’s a reality show. We love empathy and approval of people.
In my Psychology class I learned the lesson about Johari Window which interests me. The objective of that window is to fully know ourselves and to be more open to others regarding our true unfiltered identity. I love people who have unfiltered personality which means speaking and acting with no masks on their faces. Fearless to show their pain and insecurity. Unhesitant to boldly confess their imperfections. But in my 27 years of observing humans I notice that those kind of specie are rare and we can’t fully know a person based on what and how he or she shares or posts on social networking sites.
I noticed that they are annoying people on Facebook but truly lovable in real life and there are interesting and awesome people on Instagram but hideous in person. I have different thoughts when seeing a filtered and perfect photo uploaded on Facebook. I don’t merely look at his or her flawless face in that public image but I see him or her as a whole. I see her grin whenever she is insulting a poor lady because she thinks she is prettier than her or her haughty smile whenever hearing compliments of her physical beauty that eventually fades and deteriorates by time. I see people beyond how they want others to see them. I see their genuine smile full of beauty and love regardless of their messy hair and pimply skin. That’s how I see people. That’s how I love and dislike them. And I hope you, too.
At this very moment I sit on this wooden chair beside an open window, my laptop also sits on a wooden table, pocket wifi plugged in, my stomach hurts a little and I’m thinking of heading to bathroom anytime now. In front of me, approximately fifty tiny steps away Christmas tree stands tall with tangerine and red Christmas balls and Poinsettia also is orange. In my left side, few meters away there’s a cabinet full of clutter and frames and in my right a homemade doll house with eight Barbie dolls and two Ken dolls and one baby doll stuffed inside. The first thing I did when I’ve got home was ruminating how everything used to be and how constant is change.
My gut finally says it’s all for now. Till next time.
I stopped blogging when I started working abroad. I am too busy is understatement. I can’t even finish a good book. I can’t even have an eight hours of uninterrupted sleep. I can’t even watch or read news about my beloved homeland. Now I am trying to manage my time though hard. When everything changes my fond of blogging sometimes sleeps but never dies. But I am afraid that now I can’t properly edit my blog posts as needed so bear with me.
Eight months more and my two years of stay here in the desert is over. I’ve learned a lot and I can say that I doubt if I am still the same person they used to know a year ago and counting. Some things permanently changed. For better, I hope.
To be continued.
Happy new year folks! I’ll be back in blogging. I almost forgot how to blog. <long pause. Thinking. Thinking. Aaah. Did I say that I almost forgot how to write a decent blog entry?> I just want to devote some of my precious minutes (in my very busy life) sharing some stuff I think worth sharing. I like to promise that I am going to blog less trashy from now on. Moreover, I am eager to maximize the use of my new bought toy. For the second time I bought a gadget from my own hard earned penny. Sorry, you may perhaps think it is the mere reason why I am back to blogging right now. Hehe. To brag about MY BRAND NEW INTEL CORE i5 OH SO AWESOME. THE AMAZING PHOTO IS TO BE UPLOADED LATER. I kid. I kid. Truthfully, I like to reconnect to cyberspace after my long period of death. I want to share my story and God’s story in my life because 2015 is gonna be our year. So cheers! Be excited. See you later.